Thursday, July 29, 2010

The guitar center and Bass center has been upgraded!

When Simon bought the new drum set for the studio, I was jelious! So I have been doin some up grades to the the various rigs we have. I have added 25 different effects pedals to the guitar rig. Most of which are Boss pedals, and many of those have been modded! The Crate guitar head I have has been modded by Savage Audio, (to get the Vox sound)and we have added a Marshal JCM head. I am going to be upgrading the speaker cabinets I have, except for the Carvin 4x12.(I love the sound of this one!) I also have about four other cabs comming to complete the speaker wall! If you can come up with the guitar sound, I can replicate it...
I have been loving the new bass rig I have put together, but have struggled with the effects portion of it. I took a rack case and loaded it with some of the finest components, BBe maximiser, lexicon multi effects, dbx compressor, alesis compressor. The problem always ended up with a lack of user control. It sux when you have to stop recording in the middle of the process! I chose to go a simpler route and got a hold of a rack mount Line6 bass pod! I don't know if this will answer my dilema, but with the added foot controller, it will be much more user friendly. The BBe might stay in the rack though... I just love it!
The two newest instruments added are must-haves for any studio. A Rouge six string lap steel and another acoustic guitar. The lap steel sounds amazing through the modded amp and a bunch of effects! I love the blues, and this does it well. I have had country singer Brad Brookes working in the studio and he thought I needed another acoustic. For the studio, he bought an Ibenez that I just love! The gibson J45 has been getting jelious... I told her to "relax" she will always be my first true love!
For the recording process, I have upgraded to a quad core computer and added dual monitors. With the added track counts I can get, I also upgraded Digidesigns Pro Tools and now have a total of 48 tracks! AMAZING!
I'm so excited again, I even restrung the mandolin! What a pain that can be! My fingers are to big for that thing... I may have to stick to bass:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment