Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another big week in the stude!

We had a awesome Tuesday night acoustic jam this past week! I think we all look forward to it each week. There is nothing better then to have some good, quality musicians working in the studio. Brad didn't seem to mind about not having his project done! He has been working hard with his Alveraz guitar on Tuesdays! Next week, it sounds like I have 2 more joining in the fun! I might end up just playing the tamborine, and I'm okay with that! Most people like to do copies of songs, were Simon and I like to just open up the jam and let it rip! To each thier own and everyone is welcome.
 This weekend I have a young female comming in to record her own tune! I have worked with her in the past and she is a beautiful singer! She also plays violin and acoustic guitar very well! Anyone under 18 years old, has to have a parent along. It's my rule to keep me save! I just don't want to get involved with some parent thinking I'm harming thier child in some way! I have grand kids of my own, and I love them to pieces:o)
Maren, who is 17 years old, came in and recorded 3 songs with her older sister Micheala. Thier dad sat behind me in the mixing room with tears in his eyes as his 2 beautiful daughters belted out one tune after another! Anytime something magical happens in the studio, I get goosebumps. Well working with these 2 girls, I get down right chilly! So much natural talent it will scare the bejesus out of you... When I heard Marin wanted to come back and record with me, it warmed my heart! I even found a nice comfy chair for her dad, I know he will be right by my side. I couldn't tell ya who gets more excited about recording... Marin, her dad, or me!
I have a unique ability in making anyone sound good... it's a gift! But, when  I get to work with natural talent, I almost feel guilty for charging them! I did say almost, right? I keep my prices way lower then any other studio, just cause I love it so much! If you decide you want to record a demo, song or album, just let me know. I promise to do the job at less then anyone you can find. I have also been doing this longer then most people you can find! Put a price on that!
 Well thats all I got for now. I will post Marin's new song up next week if she is okay with that. Until then, stay in tune and chow for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment